PRC Building Services Pty Ltd & our parent company Perth Roofing Company PTY LTD have been removing asbestos safely and compliantly for over 20 years and our staff are extensively trained in all aspects of hazardous waste removal including asbestos ,bird faeces and lead .
PRC have completed some of the most large scale asbestos removal projects in Perth and also completed the Esperance Lead Clean-up Project for the Department of Transport and the Western Australian Government which was over 1800 homes and businesses successfully gaining multiple awards state-wide and internationally as it was the first time in the Southern Hemisphere that a lead clean-up of this size was completed .
Additionally we have completed large scale projects for Rio Tinto,Western Power and CSBP fertilisers safely successfully and on budget to mention a few
PRC are the leaders in the Perth Asbestos removal market and hazardous waste due to our policies and processes that we implement and the extensive training that is given .
We at PRC only use the latest Hepa Vacuum systems and engineered trailer mounted Vacuum system –Vactek Taipan 3 stage Hepa System to Service the Perth Asbestos Removal Market and throughout Western Australia
Whether its 10m 2 or its 10,000 m2 we can assist with your removal and also the rectification or replacement products whether it’s a roof or a ceiling.
PRC are fully compliant to Work safe Wa and The Safe Removal of Asbestos 2005 2nd edition.
In addition to lead and asbestos removal we also remove and clean-up bird faeces which are highly toxic from homes and businesses
Asbestos Removal Regulations
Why do you need to clean up Asbestos?
The presence of asbestos in a commercial establishment or industrial site continues to be alarming, for it exposes people to a variety of health risks. As the property owner or manager, you have legal responsibilities to maintain safety within your premises.
Asbestos cement products such as roof sheeting that has been subjected to weathering and severe damage due to hail, heat, fire, or other mechanical actions. As these products are friable, the most reasonable thing to do is to call licensed specialists in commercial asbestos removal.
Who is considered the controller of the premises?
The “person with control” according to the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in Workplaces [NOHSC:2018(2005)] may be:
- The owner of the establishment, site, or facility
- The person who is under any contract or leasing agreement to maintain or repair the property
- The person who occupies the premises
- The person who can make decisions about work or activities undertaken at the premises
- The employer at the premises
People with control of premises have the obligation to:
- Create, implement, and maintain a management plan for asbestos.
- Conduct an investigation of the premises regarding the presence or possible presence of materials containing asbestos.
- Produce and maintain asbestos registers of the identified or presumed materials that have this fibrous mineral, including details on the condition, locations, risk assessments, accessibility, and control measures.
- Develop measures to eliminate asbestos-containing materials or at least minimise risks and prevent asbestos exposure.
Ensure such measures are implemented as soon as possible, and properly maintained as long as the materials with asbestos remain in the workplace.